This article explained detailed information on How to fix Invalid Imei / Unknown Baseband version on MTK devices, how easy is this check out the below instructions and fix out your invalid / unknown IMEI in seconds.
HOW TO FIX INVALID IMEI / UNKNOWN IMEI – MTK
The method below to fix your Android invalid imei works for both rooted and unrooted devices.
- You must get a working Imei Number (To get this open your phone cover and find SIM 1 and SIM 2 Imei Number),
- Your Android Device must be an MTK based.
If you are Okay with the above requirements you can continue with the steps beneat:
- Download Mobile Uncle Tools on your MTK Android phone.
- Install and open the app then click on Engineer Mode >> Engineer (MTK)
- Navigate to CDS Information and then tap on Radio Information.
- Now select either Sim 1, or Sim 2, which ever you want the imei to be fixed.
- For SIM 1 Type the below command AT+EMGR=1,7,”COPIED IMEI NUMBER” (Replace your copied imei number with the red text above.)
- For SIM 2 Type the below command AT+EMGR=1,10,”COPIED IMEI NUMBER” (Replace your copied imei number with the red text above.)
- After you are done with that Click Send At Command then a pop up message will be displayed showing Command Is Msent
- Switch off your device or put Device in airplane mode, switch it ON back and dial *#06# to confirm your IMEI change.
The above method might not work well for Android 5.1 and Marshmallow lollipop device. Follow the below steps to have authority over this
Note: This inclined that your phone must be rooted.
- Download Chamelephon for Android on Playstore
- Install and launch the app then grant it Root Access (You will notice a division of Sim 1 and Sim 2, click edit on whichever you wanna change)
- Paste your Copied IMEI number there and click Apply
- Finally Switch off your phone for some seconds and switch On then dial *#06# to confirm imei change.
Fix Unknown IMEI Baseband Version.
- MTK based device
- MTK droid tools
- Imei number
- USB ADB drivers
- NVRAM (backup Gotten from the same model of the device).
INSTRUCTIONS TO FOLLOW
- Download and Extract MTK droid tools on your PC
- Download, Install and Launch USB ADB drivers for Android
- Navigate to your phone settings and find developer options click on this and enable USB Debugging
- Connect your phone to your pc via a working USB cable
- Make sure the MTK droid tool is launched on your PC, It will detect your android device automatically and display the phone’s information.
- Click on the ROOT button
- Tap on IMEI / NVRAM
- Hit on the Restore Button and Open the NVRAM backup (An option to change IMEI will show up, Input the IMEI you have)
- Then Click Replace IMEI and Switch Off / Put your phone in Airplane mode, Reboot and confirm your new IMEI’s
That is all about How to fix Invalid IMEI number / Unknown Baseband Version, If you have any question kindly comment below.