Phone Tips

How to Add Guest Mode on Android Devices

By  |
Today, I don’t have much to present to you all MasterGBlog Fans but this cool and amazing way of securing your android device by enabling guest mode using Switchme. The tech is going to be handy and short detailed.

Step 1. First of all, you need to acquire a root access on your Android device.

(you can comment your phone model to know how to get root access)

After rooting download and install this android app Switchme on your Android device.

Step 2. Launch the app after installing, then grant it superuser access. There you need to create a primary profile first then the other profile according to your wish.

see screenshot below
Switchme

Step 3. In all other secondary profiles, you can set the limited apps that you want guests to have access

READ ALSO  STEPS ON HOW TO ROOT ALMOST ALL TECNO PHONES

see screenshot below

Switchme

Enjoy!

Note: you can quickly switch between these accounts.
Get back to Drop your experience on this cool feature on Adding Guest Mode on your Android Device

12 Comments

1. OKAFOR DANIEL UGOCHUKWU

September 23, 2017 at 9:07 am

Thanks for bringing this to the knowledge of everyone.

2. bvlgari 18k gold ring copy

December 1, 2017 at 5:02 am

Thank you for giving us a general idea of how to interpret data collected on fitband devices. Sleep is a complex and dynamic process, but having some general idea of how much we are moving, and at what times and intervals, can give us a bit more insight on how to adjust our behaviors or to signal us if there is a possible issue to explore further. I use the Garmin vivofit 3 and also take subjective data on how my energy level is to see any patterns. I have a circadian sleep issue…while not clinically diagnosable, it does impact my life. The fitbess band data helps motivate me to have better sleep hygeine and better habits. Thank you for your post!
    bvlgari 18k gold ring copy http://www.ceapjw.com/category/cartier-ring-imitation

3. Grace Joseph

February 15, 2018 at 6:24 am

Hi Seyi,

Good thing you shared this!

It means one will not have to rely on patterns, pins, and passwords to lock their device, since a guest mode has been enabled on their Android.

That being so, you made mention of an app that requires root access, does it mean my device must be rooted first?

Secondly, when Is this guest mode enabled? When the phone is turned on as is the case on Computers?

Thanks for the share by the way, because every one needs some level of privacy especially when it comes to their smartphone. Now, these steps were pretty easy to go by.

Between, my phone is Tecno L8, how do i get root access in order to use SwitchMe?

• Seyi Gabriel Adeniyi

February 15, 2018 at 6:53 am

Welcome Grace,

Yes you need root access in other to use the Switchme app

2. The guest mode starts from booting like that of computers

3.Tecno L8 can get root access following this link Rooting Guide to Android Devices it will as well work for your tecno L8

4. Gistfans

February 15, 2018 at 7:37 am

Thanks seyi for dis wonderful post you just dropped, its indeed helpful.

But my problem is dat, is rooting not harmful to ur device?

I also remember vividly that rooting your device can also loose ur warranty on the device

• Seyi Gabriel Adeniyi

February 15, 2018 at 7:42 am

Thanks @gistfans

Rooting isn’t in anyway harmful to one’s device,

but rooting voids the device warranty although there’s a means of unrooting your devices …

5. Sportbaze

February 15, 2018 at 2:59 pm

Hi Seyi,

Good thing you shared this!

But I am scared of rooting my phone.. Hope it won’t affect

• Seyi Gabriel Adeniyi

February 15, 2018 at 5:43 pm

There’s nothing to be scared of……

Its just that it voids your device warranty and you can always unroot your device if needs be.

6. Emmanuel Ekanem

February 15, 2018 at 6:42 pm

Heyyyyy!!!
    This is a great content you’ve made here. I’ve always thought of setting a guest account for those accessing my phone when am away.

It can also help if your phone is missing and someone tries to contact you when its lock.

But you are talking about rooting… Won’t that destroy the phone?

• Seyi Gabriel Adeniyi

February 15, 2018 at 6:59 pm

Rooting isn’t all that bad to carry out….rooting brakes manufacturer’s device limitations

Feel free!

7. Readinfo247

February 15, 2018 at 7:44 pm

Waoo! You just passed out a great eye opening idea here. I think this will serve as an advance method of locking your phone instead of making use of patterns or password. It will also help in keeping away strangers from your phone for people like me who like privacy.

Kudos to the poster!

• Seyi Gabriel Adeniyi

February 15, 2018 at 8:30 pm

Thanks for reading with us and as well giving us feedback…..