The Itel 1505 is a Spreadtrum based Android phone running on Android 5 (Lollipop), it is therefore covered by Team Naijfame’s Project Muse which is aimed at bringing custom recoveries to Spreadtrum based Android phones.
This brief guide will explain how to root and flash TWRP to the Itel 1505.
How to root the Itel 1505
- Ensure you have an internet connection on the Itel 1505
- Download Kingroot CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
- Install and launch it on the phone
- You should see “Root access is unavailable”, tap Start Root
- Wait till the counter gets to 100% and you see a green tick confirming that rooting was successful
- Download, install and run Root checker to confirm that the phone has been rooted CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
How to flash TWRP recovery to the Itel 1505
- Download TWRP V188.8.131.52 for Itel 1505 HERE
- Unzip the file and copy recovery.img to any location on the phone’s SD card
- Download and install Rashr HERE to the phone
- Launch Rashr and tap Grant to give it Super user privileges
- In Rashr, tap Recovery from Storage
- Navigate to the location of the recovery.img and select it
- A warning prompt should appear, tap Yes to proceed
- Wait while flashing commences
- Another prompt saying “Partition flashed” should appear and ask you if you wish to boot into recovery, tap Yes
- The phone should now boot into recovery mode
Credit to Hovatek team
Drop your comments don’t leave yet.